Saturday, October 8, 2011

Chapter 6

1.       Is American news media too dependent upon polls?  Is it appropriate for news agencies to create polls and then report on them?  Why or why not?
I do think the media is too dependent upon polls. The media often twists their words to make something sound different than what is true which causes unneeded chaos in American’s lives.
2.       How important is political party identification to you (e.g. as a Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, etc.)?  Was it more or less important to your parents & grandparents?  Why or why not?
 For me, I could care less about political party identification and for the most part my family is the same way.  It bothers me how some people will judge you on whether you are a democrat or a republican.  I don’t think you should be based on what your political beliefs are.
3.       Do you feel that your opinion of politics is more influenced by economic issues or by social issues?  Why?
 I don’t really have an opinion when it comes to politics, but I think the country as a whole are mostly influenced for economic issues right now with the economy in shambles and all.  I think people consider social issues very important, but they are on the backburner right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment