Thursday, September 1, 2011

Chapter 1 Blog

Americans take democracy for granted to some extent.  We Americans are very blessed to live where we do and most of us don’t even realize it.  People who are born here in America have always lived this great free life and we can’t even imagine any other way to live.  In other countries, such as Iraq and Libya, freedom is very limited.  In a nutshell, Americans do take democracy for granted but often don’t realize it because they haven’t experienced anything else.
Having a separation of powers is very crucial to the American government in that one branch of government cannot overpower another branch.  Separation of powers evens everything out and doesn’t let dominances get out of hand.

As for what I am politically, I would say I’m liberal.  I agree with their side the most.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jennifer,
    I do agree we Americans are a spoiled bunch of people. I like your picture of the President very cool he is. I can agree with the other side as well however I think for the most part I tend to be a populist and lean towards the more traditional moral values.
    Have a great day, I really enjoyed reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete